Running a Grassroots Football Team – The Basics
If you’re reading this it’s probably because you have taken on the responsibility of running a grassroots football team. Firstly, well done – whilst it might feel like quite a daunting task, it can also be a very rewarding one, as those of us who have been down this road before you can testify.
You probably have lots of questions – hopefully this website should provide answers. To start you off, the below checklist covers the most important questions you need to ask yourself before running a grassroots football team.
New Manager’s Checklist
- Have you (and any other adults who will be helping with the team) got a valid club DBS check? This is absolutely essential.
- Have all your players registered with the club and paid their membership fees?
- Do you have a first aid qualified coach associated with your team who has the FA Introduction to Coaching Football qualification or the old FA Level 1?
- Have you registered your team with a league?
- Have you registered your players with the league?
- Does your team have a kit?
- Do you have parental contact details, medical information etc. for all your players?
- Do you have a first aid kit?
- Have you been clear with parents as to how the team will be run, what they can expect from you and what you expect from them?
Thanks to Langton Green Coaches for this article